Monday, February 4, 2013

PRAY WITH FOLDED ARM AND BENDED KNEE

I have to admit I have sometimes been one to snuggle in my warm covers, close my eyes, and doze off while I attempt to pray to my Father in Heaven. Recently, I was reading in the book of Alma and a scripture jumped out to me that will forever change the way I pray. I read Alma 22:16-17

" But Aaron said unto him: If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest.

And it came to pass that when Aaron had said these words, the king did bow down before the Lord, upon his knees; yea, even he did prostrate himself upon the earth, and cried mightily, saying: 

O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead and be saved at the last day"

By praying on our knees and bowing our head, we are showing reverence and respect for our Heavenly Father who created the heavens and the earth and all things which dwell in them. Just as a servant will bow down to his king, we must bow down before our Father in Heaven. He is our supreme creator- let us all remember when we pray just WHO we are really talking to. We are communicating with the divine, with our creator. We are communicating with the most powerful individual of all. Prayer is so beautiful, and yet needs to be treasured and not be used as something to check off the list. I testify that like it says in the scripture above, that if we call upon His name in faith, believing that we shall receive, then we shall receive the hope and all things that we desire- that are expedient for us. 





No comments:

Post a Comment